We make use of logging residues related to felling. This contributes to decreasing the eutrophication related to regeneration felling as well as provides fuel for the production of district heating. In our daily work we strive towards keeping a high eco profile, we have also received both FSC® (DNV-COC-00045) och PEFC (92947-2011-AE-FIN-FINAS) traceability certificates. Further we have the license code FSC-C107402.
The company management has committed to secure the origin of the timber and to take appropriate action to guarantee that the products do not contain raw material from controversial sources. The company management has also committed to fulfill social-, health- and work safety demands.
Due to our investment in production of district heating in Godby in 2000, the oil consumption in the Godby area is decreased by 1.200 tons/year. The heat from the bioenergy plant is also used for drying the sawn products. We also supply biofuel for the bio boilers in Mariehamn.
The company objective is to avoid sourcing:
- illegal logging or trade in illegal wood or forest products
- violation of traditional and human rights in forestry operations
- destruction of high conservation values in forestry operations
- significant conversion of forests to plantations or non-forest use
- introduction of genetically modified organisms in forestry operations
- violation of any of the ILO Core Conventions as defined in the ILO Declaration of Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work